COVID19 vaccine storage
Storage of vaccines at the implementing organization
The BioNTech / Pfizer vaccine can be stored in the refrigerator at 2-8 ° C for up to 5 days after thawing. There may still be 4 days left upon arrival at the implementing organization. The time before which the vaccines should be used will be stated on the packaging.
- The medicine refrigerator has a minimum temperature range of 2-8 ° C. Optimal storage temperature is 5 ° C.
- The temperature distribution (distribution) inside the refrigerator with the door closed is a maximum of +/- 1 ° C.
- The temperature setting of the refrigerator can be set with an interval of 0.5 ° C.
- The medicine refrigerator does not contain a freezer compartment.
- The medicine refrigerator has no storage compartments in the door.
- The medicine refrigerator gives an alarm in the event of a power failure.
- In the event of a power failure, the refrigerator can keep the temperature (with the door closed) between 2-8 ° C for at least one hour at room temperature up to 30 ° C.
- The medicine refrigerator gives a visual and / or audio alarm at a temperature outside the set temperature range.
- The calibrated medicine refrigerator or temperature logger logs the temperature trend in the refrigerator.
- The temperature logger is read periodically.
- The refrigerator itself or the room in which the refrigerator is located can be locked.
- The thermometer and alarm of the stock refrigerator have been validated.